TERMS, CONDITIONS & PRIVACY STATEMENT
Please read through these terms and conditions carefully before committing to your booking with WaveCrest Swimming. Any questions see the FAQ's page or please contact us via email.
Agreeing to these terms forms part of your booking contract between yourself and WaveCrest Swimming.
I certify that I am physically fit and have no pre-existing medical conditions that would affect me during a swimming session.
I will follow all rules and orders from WaveCrest Swimming as well as those of the lifeguards and lake Staff. As such, I commit to only entering and exiting the water at designated points and at the times stipulated by the organisers.
I understand the dangers associated with swimming, in particular in open water, including the potential for serious injury, death and loss of property, and thereby agree to assume responsibility for all associated risks.
I agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless WaveCrest Swimming from any liability arising from any Injury, death or loss of property as detailed in item 3.
I hereby waive any and all rights of action against Wave Crest Swimming for all injuries arising out of my participation in an open water swimming or coaching session held by Wave Crest Swimming
Payment – I agree to payWave Crest Swimming for the services offered after acceptance onto the course. Payment is due in full at the time of booking.
Any offer codes, promotional codes or special offers are at the discretion of WaveCrest Swimming and can be withdrawn or refused at any time. Any trial codes offered for squads, 1-2-1’s or other services are one time use only per customer. Multiple use of a trial code is not allowed and the booking will be invalid for those sessions.
Stated session times do NOT necessarily indicate the in water time received. The prices paid per session are for the session slot time. WaveCrest always aim to give you as much water time as possible during the slot but we may need to cover safety or experience aspects, which is part of the session time, as is any other conversation we have with the swimmer.
There are no refunds or part refunds for any session that finishes early, for any reason. This includes the swim coach deciding that environmental factors such as temperature , swimmer ability or other factors warrant ending the session early. We always have your safety first and will try and give prior warning of any temperature concerns that we have for your session, however this may not always be possible. Please bare this in mind when booking your session, especially in the early spring or Autumn (but not exclusively as everybody has different temperature tolerances).
Cancellation by Customer –Important policy, please read carefully and refer to your specific booking type.
1-2-1, Video Analysis Sessions and Group Sessions.
Any cancellations made in the 48 hours prior to the afore mentioned sessions will be charged at full rate. This also applies to no shows for the booked session. If cancel 72 hours before you will receive a 50% refund. By registering for a session, you agree to these terms.
Workshop & Bespoke Sessions (Applies to any workshop bookings based in Pool, Endless Pool or Open Water, including day clinics run by 3rd parties)
Any cancellations made in the 5 days prior to a booked workshop, specialist session or bespoke session will be charged at full rate unless a replacement swimmer can be sought. This also applies to no shows for the booked session. By registering for a session, you agree to these terms.
Cancellation by WaveCrest – I understand that WaveCrest Swimming may need to cancel or reschedule sessions or courses owing to external factors. This includes, but is not limited to; external commitments out of our control, weather, lake operators instructions. Where sessions need to be cancelled by WaveCrest Swimming a full refund will be offered or an alternative date will be suggested for the session/course. We will try and give as much notice as possible of any cancelled sessions. WaveCrest Swimming will not be accountable for any loss or personal expenses as part of a cancellation.
Equipment – I understand that it is my responsibility as a swimmer to provide necessary equipment to take part in a WaveCrest Swimming Session. Items required include a swimming wetsuit, bright coloured swimming cap, tow float and Goggles, I understand that if I do not have this equipment at the session lake entry may be refused and no refund can be offered in these circumstances.
Swim Secure tow floats are available to hire in all our sessions and are recommended to be used by all newcomers to the sport. At times WaveCrest Swimming may state that groups or individuals must wear a tow float during the session. If you do not have a Tow float they can be hired on the day for £5.
Wetsuit use – Wetsuits must be used in most lake sessions. However we understand some of our athletes like to train without a wetsuit and this can be accommodated at the discretion of WaveCrest Swimming . Should an athlete take part in a session without a wetsuit this is at their own risk.
· Lake/Pool Operators – I understand WaveCrest Swimming uses various lakes and swimming pools for its coaching sessions and events. These venues have their own rules and regulations and I agree to be bound by these. I also understand that if I am refused entry to the lake or pool facility this is not the responsibility of WaveCrest Swimming. Please treat the lake / Pool facility and the staff with respect and follow direction from the staff as required.
· Swim Groups – I understand that the swim group recommended to me was assessed from the swim questionnaire. WaveCrest Swimming reserves the right to move swimmers into other groups depending on their ability. If another group or service cannot be offered then a full refund will be offered for any outstanding monies paid.
· Video Copyright – WaveCrest Swimming retain copyright on all video and photography taken within its swim sessions. This includes specific Video analysis sessions. WaveCrest Swimming may use these images and videos at its discretion in any promotional or online content (including social media, website and email).
· Weather – In the event of extreme adverse weather conditions Wave Crest Swimming may need to cancel or postpone the session. In this event an alternative date or time will be arranged and if the athlete cannot make this date they will be entitled to a refund of any monies paid. WaveCrest Swimming is not liable for any costs incurred for cancellation or postponement except that of the session fee.
· Risk Assessments, Health and safety – WaveCrest Swimming carry out a site risk assessment every month at our lake coaching sites and amend any details where applicable. The safety of you (our swimmers and athletes) is paramount to us.
Payments & Refunds
WaveCrest Swimming accept payment by Bank Transfer. Cash payments can also be made on arrangement for our coaching services.
WaveCrest Swimming Privacy Statement
· At WaveCrest Swimming we will never disclose your information to third parties other than when order details are processed through our payment services.
· Cookies are used, you can turn off cookies within your browser, please refer to instructions within your relevant browsers help section.
· Any Personal data asked for when booking a WaveCrest Swimming session will not be disclosed to third parties in person or electronically. The only exception to this rule is the disclosure of any medical details in the case of a medical emergency to a person involved in one of our sessions, as we have a duty of care to provide you with the best assistance in these instances..
· All Data captured as part of booking a coaching service is stored safely and securely.
We may occasionally capture data from our swimmers in a google form, we will always advise why we want to capture any information of this nature and this information will be stored securely, we use Google for work services to accomplish this and the forms would be Google Forms. WaveCrest will add all email addresses to their mailing list which individuals can unsubscribe from at any time.
· Images and Video Analysis footage may be taken in your swimming session, of which we have the right to share on Social media and our website. You may opt out of this process by mailing us at email@example.com please lead the subject of your email with OPT OUT PHOTOGRAPHY.
· We will store images and video analysis footage on our hard drives and cloud back up services, and will be deleted if requested.